1 Shipping and delivery
1.1 How are parcels shipped?
You ordered it, and you want it - now! We know how you feel – it's cool gear that you can't wait to get your hands on. All True Outdoors parcels are shipped Expedited via Canada Post, with 1-4 days handling time.
We offer FREE ground shipping on most orders over $50 (before tax) with a few exceptions; orders less than $50 will be charged a $15 shipping fee. Regular shipping is not available for child carriers, skis, hard coolers, large luggage, paddles, or very large/heavy items.
- 2-piece kayak paddles, 3-piece SUP paddles, and wheeled luggage less than 75L ship at a flat rate of $20.
- 1-piece canoe paddles, 2-piece SUP paddles, non-collapsible ski/trekking poles, child carriers, wheeled luggage larger than 74L, and hard coolers less than 35L ship at a flat rate of $30.
- Skis and hard coolers larger than 34L ship at a flat rate of $50.
Items that are considered a dangerous material, such as fuel, flammable items such as matches, products that contain aerosols or compressed air, such as self-inflating PFDs, are unable to be shipped. Items such as these are available for in-store pickup only.
Canoes, kayaks, and solid stand-up paddleboards are not available to be shipped at this time. Please select "In-store Pickup" to pick your order up at our Kamloops location.
Inflatable paddleboards, as well as some larger items, are able to be shipped but will require specialized shipping. Please contact us, providing your shipping address and requested items, and we will get back to you with a shipping quote.
Please be aware that in the event an order is returned to sender due to customer-provided addresses containing errors, inaccuracies, or lacking essential information necessary for successful delivery as specified by Canada Post (such as apartment or PO Box numbers), or if the shipment was directed to a post office but remained unclaimed, the complete cost of shipping will be withheld from the refund when the parcel is returned to our possession.
Parcels that are lost in transit, delivered to the wrong address in error, stolen, or damaged by Canada Post, will not receive a refund unless the customer cooperates with Canada Post to complete a claim. This will require the customer to confirm details over the phone or email with Canada Post and in some cases, provide photos of the damaged product and/or parcel packaging. (Orders shipped with Doorstep Delivery do not qualify for insurance.)
1.2 What delivery options do you offer?
At checkout, you may select from the following delivery options:
- Doorstep Delivery: Your order will be left at your address if there is a safe space to leave it unattended. If there is no area that will keep the parcel sheltered and hidden from being seen by passers-by, it will be delivered to your nearest Canada Post office for pickup. This option does not include insurance to cover loss, theft, or damage. *Please note that orders paid with PayPal totaling $850 or more will require a signature.
- Recipient Delivery: Your order will left at your address if someone is available to receive it, or left in your mail receptacle. If no one is available to receive it, or the parcel does not fit in your mail receptacle, it will be delivered to your nearest Canada Post office for pickup. This option includes insurance coverage for loss, theft, or damage.
- Post Office Pickup: Your order will be delivered to your nearest Canada Post office for pickup with ID. If not claimed from the post office within 15 days, the parcel will be returned to us and the cost of shipping deducted from your order's refund. This option includes insurance coverage for loss, theft, or damage.
- In-store Pickup: Pickup in-store at our Kamloops, BC location. Typically ready within 24 hours.
1.3 I need my items sooner, can I upgrade the shipping method to a faster service?
If you require Xpresspost shipping, please contact our customer service team with your preferred item(s) and shipping address for a shipping upgrade service quote.
1.4 Can you ship orders internationally?
In some cases, we may be able to arrange international shipping, depending on the items you are interested in purchasing. Examples of products that cannot be shipped outside of Canada are Arc'teryx items, boats, and dangerous materials that are highly flammable or explosive (such as aerosol cans, compressed air, matches, and fuel).
Please email your request to our customer service team at [email protected] - be sure to include the names, colours, and sizes of the items you would like to purchase, along with your shipping address and phone number.
If approved, our team will get back to you and include a few estimated Canada Post shipping quotes and delivery time-frames, allowing you to select the shipping method of your choice. We’ll then add the selected shipping method to a PayPal invoice containing your items. Once the invoice has been paid, your order is ready to be shipped!
Please be aware that international orders are final sale (non-returnable), must be paid for with PayPal, and if no additional shipping insurance is purchased, True Outdoors cannot be held responsible if your order is damaged or lost in transit.
International orders may also be subject to additional duties or custom fees. The recipient is responsible for these fees which are applied and collected by the destination country’s Customs Office at their discretion.
1.5 Can you ship my order to a freight forwarding or logistics service?
Unfortunately, True Outdoors cannot ship orders to freight forwarding companies or logistics service providers. Orders placed with shipping addresses that are the property of freight forwarding companies or logistics service providers will be cancelled and have the full cost of their selected payment’s processing fees deducted from their order’s refund.
1.6 Can I pick up my order in-store?
If you live locally in Kamloops, or are planning a visit, skip the shipping wait times and enjoy the convenience of an in-store pickup at our store by selecting in-store pickup at checkout. When your order is ready for pickup, our staff will contact you and allow you to pick it up at your earliest convenience.
1.7 What taxes do I have to pay?
All sales are subject to the sales taxes of the destination province. Saskatchewan and Manitoba customers are responsible to self-assess the PST on their sale and remit the tax to their home province.
2 Returns and exchanges
2.1 What is your return policy?
We understand how difficult it is to buy your outdoor apparel online: fit is everything, and if it doesn't fit when it arrives, why risk it? Well, in the case that you are not happy with your purchase, we can offer you an exchange or full refund if the goods are returned (at your own cost) to True Outdoors within 30 days of delivery for online orders, or 30 days of purchase for in-store pickup orders.
- Items must be unused, in NEW condition with the tags attached, and packaging in the same condition it was received in.
- All items in our Final Sale category are FINAL SALE and are not eligible for refund or exchange.
- All sales on Climbing and Safety Gear are final.
- All sales on Underwear (panties, boxers, briefs etc.), face coverings, bear spray, and fuel are final.
Holiday Return Policy:
Items purchased between November 1st and December 25th qualify for our Holiday Return Policy, which extends the return period up to January 25th. Final sale items cannot be returned or exchanged.
2.2 How do I get started on my Return?
To start your return, first login to your Account, navigate to the My Orders page, and view the order you would like to return an item from. At the bottom of the page, click the Return Item(s) button, and fill out the returns request form.
If you've placed an order with us online but do not have an Account, please contact us either through our contact form, or by e-mailing us at [email protected] with your Order ID, the items you would like to return, and the reason why you would like to return them.
Once your return request has been approved, further instructions will be provided.
Please be aware that you will be responsible for any return shipping fees, unless you've received a damaged or incorrect item.
In-store Pickup Returns:
If you've placed an order online for in-store pickup and would like to make a return, please follow the steps above to receive approval before taking your return to the store. Once you've received return approval and returned your item(s), a notification will be sent to our online ecommerce team to process the return refund.
Please note that online order refunds cannot be provided in-store.
All refund requests are processed Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST.
2.3 How long will it take before I get my refund?
We will process your refund within 2 business days of the time we receive your returned order. The funds can take 3-5 days to settle back onto your payment method. If you haven’t seen it on your statement after a week, please feel free to contact us!
2.4 Can I Exchange my item?
Certainly! Simply follow the item return procedure above and, to avoid delays, immediately place an order online for the item you prefer. Once we receive your returned item, we will refund the original method of payment that was used when your order was placed.
Final Sale items are not eligible for exchange.
3 Gift Cards
3.1 Where can I purchase a Gift Card?
Gift Cards are available for purchase and use in-store at our Kamloops, BC location. Visit us today and speak to one of our helpful staff members for more information.