1 Shipping and delivery
1.1 How are parcels shipped?
You ordered it. And you want it - now! We know how you feel – it's cool gear that you can't wait to get your hands on. All True Outdoors parcels are shipped Expedited via Canada Post. We offer FREE ground shipping on most orders over $50 (before tax) with a few exceptions:
- Regular shipping is not available for child carriers, skis, large luggage, paddles, or very large/heavy items.
- 2-piece Kayak & 3-piece SUP Paddles, and Wheeled Luggage < 75L ship at a flat rate of $20.
- 1-piece Canoe & 2-piece SUP Paddles, Non-collapsible Ski Poles, Child Carriers, Wheeled Luggage 75L+, and Coolers < 35L ship at a flat rate of $30.
- Skis, and Hard Coolers 35L+ ship at a flat rate of $50.
- Items that are considered a dangerous material, such as fuel, flammable items such as matches, products that contain aerosols or compressed air, such as self-inflating PFDs, are unable to be shipped. Items such as these are available for in-store pickup only.
- Canoes, kayaks, and solid stand-up paddleboards are not available to be shipped at this time. Please select "In-store Pickup" to pick your order up at our Kamloops location.
- Inflatable paddleboards, as well as some larger items, are able to be shipped but will require specialized shipping. Please select "Shipping Charge To Be Determined" at checkout and a member of our customer service team will contact you with a shipping quote.
If you require Xpresspost shipping, please contact our customer service team for a shipping upgrade service quote.
Please note that in some circumstance, we may select to have an order shipped to a nearby Canada Post office for pickup with proof of ID.
True Outdoors will not ship orders to freight forwarding companies or logistics service providers. Orders placed with shipping addresses that are the property of freight forwarding companies or logistics service providers will be cancelled and have the full cost of their selected payment’s processing fees deducted from their order’s refund.
1.2 Can you ship orders internationally?
In some cases, we may be able to arrange international shipping, depending on the items you are interested in purchasing. Examples of products that cannot be shipped outside of Canada are Arc'teryx items, boats, and dangerous materials that are highly flammable or explosive (such as aerosol cans, compressed air, matches, and fuel).
Please email your request to our customer service team at [email protected] - be sure to include the names, colours, and sizes of the items you would like to purchase, along with your shipping address and phone number.
If approved, our team will get back to you and include a few estimated Canada Post shipping quotes and delivery time-frames, allowing you to select the shipping method of your choice. We’ll then add the selected shipping method to a PayPal invoice containing your items. Once the invoice has been paid, your order is ready to be shipped!
Please be aware that international orders are final sale (non-returnable), must be paid for with PayPal, and if no additional shipping insurance is purchased, True Outdoors cannot be held responsible if your order is damaged or lost in transit.
International orders may also be subject to additional duties or custom fees. The recipient is responsible for these fees which are applied and collected by the destination country’s Customs Office at their discretion.
1.3 Can I pick up my order in-store?
If you live locally in Kamloops, or are planning a visit, skip the shipping wait times and enjoy the convenience of an in-store pickup at our store by selecting in-store pickup at checkout. When your order is ready for pickup, our staff will contact you and allow you to pick it up at your earliest convenience.
1.4 What taxes do I have to pay?
All sales are subject to the sales taxes of the destination province. Saskatchewan and Manitoba customers are responsible to self-assess the PST on their sale and remit the tax to their home province.
2 Returns and exchanges
2.1 What is your return policy?
We understand how difficult it is to buy your outdoor apparel online: fit is everything, and if it doesn't fit when it arrives, why risk it? Well, in the case that you are not happy with your purchase, we can offer you an exchange or full refund if the goods are returned (at your own cost) to True Outdoors within 30 days of delivery for online orders, or 30 days of purchase for in-store pickup orders.
- Items must be unused, in NEW condition with the tags attached, and packaging in the same condition it was received in.
- All red priced SALE items are a FINAL SALE and are not eligible for refund or exchange.
- All sales on Climbing and Safety Gear are final.
- All sales on Underwear (panties, boxers, briefs etc.), face coverings, bear spray, and fuel are final.
Holiday Return Policy
Regular priced items purchased between November 1st and December 25th qualify for our Holiday Return Policy, which extends the return period up to January 25th. Any regular priced items that have been discounted by a promotional sale (such as a Black Friday discount code) will still count as "regular priced".
2.2 How do I get started on my Return?
To start your return, first login to your Account, navigate to the My Orders page, and view the order you would like to return an item from. At the bottom of the page, click the Return Item(s) button, and fill out the returns request form.
If you've placed an order with us online but do not have an Account, please contact us either through our contact form, or by e-mailing us at [email protected] with your Order ID, the items you would like to return, and the reason why you would like to return them.
Once your return request has been approved, further instructions will be provided.
Please be aware that you will be responsible for any return shipping fees, unless you've received a damaged or incorrect item.
2.3 How long will it take before I get my refund?
We will process your refund within 2 business days of the time we receive your returned order. The funds can take 3-5 days to settle back onto your payment method. If you haven’t seen it on your statement after a week, please feel free to contact us!
2.4 Can I Exchange my item?
Certainly! Simply follow the item return procedure above and, to avoid delays, immediately place an order online for the item you prefer. Once we receive your returned item, we will refund the original method of payment that was used when your order was placed.
Sale items are a Final Sale and are not eligible for exchange.
3 Gift Cards
3.1 Where can I purchase a Gift Card?
Gift Cards are available for purchase and use in-store at our Kamloops, BC location. Visit us today and speak to one of our helpful staff members for more information.