Designed by guides and athletes, the Mutant 38 fits perfectly between its bigger and smaller siblings; great for long days in the mountains that don't require setting up basecamp but might require a ledge-bound shiver-bivy. The backpanel sheds snow and easy-to-use ice tool attachment and glove-friendly buckles mean less time fiddling with your pack. With a hipbelt that includes gear loops and stashes behind the pack to provide access to your harness when you need it, plus integrated helmet and rope carry, the Mutant 38 is a nimble and capable alpine machine that fits better and feels more comfortable than what you’re used to. Whether you're enjoying a North Cascade's classic or getting showered by spindrift in the Canadian Rockies, the Mutant 38 can do everything you need except belay you on the next pitch.
- FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION: Built to be lightweight and reliable with alpine-specific features such as dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs, helmet carry (52L and 38L only), strippable features, rope carry and a narrow profile for efficiency in the mountains.
- STRIPPED WEIGHT: Removable top lid (for 52L and 38L only), removable suspension (framesheet on 22L, framesheet and/or dual stays on 38L/52L), and a removable hipbelt on 52L allow the user to trim weight.
- FIT: Osprey's superior fit makes for efficient and ultimately safer movement in the mountains so that you're never thinking about your pack during runout cruxes through rotten rock or thin ice.
- Snowshed fabric backpanel
- Dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs
- Front panel daisy chain for additional gear attachment
- Three-point haul system
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Glove-friendly buckles
- Rope attachment and internal compression
- Removable top lid with integraged FlapJacket for lidless use
- Top or front of pack helmet carry
- Reinforced A-frame ski carry
- Quick release upper side compression straps
- Lower side compression straps
- Dual hipbelt gear loops and ice gear carry attachment
- Reverse-wrap hipbelt
- SUSPENSION: Removable Atilon sheet laminated to ridge foam, HDPE top stay
- HARNESS: Laminated EVA
- HIPBELT: Removable web belt
- LOAD RANGE: 10 - 40 lbs.
- S/M: 2197 IN3 / 36 L | 26.8H X 12.6W X 11.8D IN. | 2.7 LBS.
- M/L: 2319 IN3 / 38 L | 28.7H X 12.6W X 11.8D IN. | 2.8 LBS.
- MAIN: 210D High Tenacity Nylon
- ACCENT: 210D Nylon Honey Comb Contrast Thread
- BOTTOM: 420HD Nylon Packcloth
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Mutant 38